Kaila Devi Templeis dedicated to the tutelary deity, Goddess Kaila Devi, of the erstwhile princely Jadon Rajput rulers of the Karauli state. It is a marble structure with a large courtyard of a checkered floor. In one place are a number of red flags planted by devotees.
These Red flags existing in the Kaila devi mandir are placed by the devotees. Devotees used to put the bhog along with these flags there in kailadevi mandir on each day of the year. The Jagran by the bhagat ji is the most attractive thing here happens every night at 09:00 PM IST in the temple. Devotees used to come there by foot from different areas of Rajasthan,UP,MP and all over India in the month of Chaitra.
Address:Karauli District, Kailadevi, Rajasthan 322241
Phone: 074642 53213
Location:Kaila Devi Temple is a Hindu temple situated in the Kaila Devi Village of Karauli district, in the Indian state of Rajasthan. Nearest cities is Karauli (23 km), Gangapur City (34 km), Hindaun City (58 km). The temple is located on the banks of the Kalisil River, a tributary of the Banas River in the hills of Aravali.
Festival or Fair:The annual fair of Kaila Devi is held at the village Kaila Devi in the month of Chaitra (Mar-Apr), lasting for a fortnight. Another attraction is the small temple dedicated to Bhairon, situated in the courtyard and facing the shrine of Kaila Devi is a temple of Hanuman locally called 'Languriya'.
How to reach:
By Air: Nearest airport is Jaipur Airport (170 km).
Rail:Kaila Devi is situated near the broad gauge Western Central Railway line on Delhi - Bombay route. Kaila Devi is well connected to Major railway station Gangapur city which in turn are connected to various parts of the country.
Road:Connected by road to several major cities and towns. RSRTC operates Roadways Buses very frequently for Jaipur and Delhi. Buses for Hindaun City Bus Stand, Karauli, Gangapur City etc. are very frequent all over the day. RSRTC also operate some Gandhi Rath Buses (Semi Deluxe Bus) for Jaipur. Some of the major road distances are: Hindaun City (53 km), Jaipur (170 km), Bharatpur (90 km), Mathura (220 km), Agra (225 km), Delhi (325 km), Gangapur city (34 km) and Karauli (23 km).
Climate:In summer from April to June the temperature goes up to maximum of 47 degrees C. and in winter season it comes down minimum up to 12 degrees C.
Nearby Places of Interest
- Kedar Nath Cave and Temple: This is the original temple of Kaila Devi. This place was declared unsafe due to threat from the animals in jungle of the Ranthambore. This is situated 3 km from the town. Devotees can walk there for the pray.
- Ranthambore Sanctuary: Kaila devi is connected to one side of the century. which has an entrance from this town.
- Nakkashki Devi- Gomti Dham: Nakkashki Devi & Gomti Dham is the heart temple of Hindaun City. Durga is primary devi of Nakkashkidevi as well as Kaila devi.Temple which is situated at a distance of 53 km from the town.
- Shri Mahavirji Temple: This is a Famous Jain Temple which is around 45 km from the town.
- Mehandipur Balaji Temple: This is a temple of Lord Hanuman situated at a distance of around 95 km from the town.
- Barbasin Temple: This is a Barbasin Devi Temple which is situated at a distance of 13 km at the banks of Kalisil River.