Timings of the Temple:
- Open: Tuesday to Sunday. The temple is closed every Monday.
- Darshan Timings: 9:30am to 8:00pm
- Aarti Timings: 10:00am and 6:00pm
Exhibition Timings: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Water Show: After Sunset (6:15PM & 7:15PM)
ENTRY: Entry to the mandir complex and mandir darshan is absolutely FREE.
Address: BAPS Swaminarayan Akshardham, NH 24, Akshardham Setu, New Delhi 110092.
Contact No: +91-11-4344 2344
Email id- firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Reach:
- By Air: Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) - 21 Km
- By Rail: The nearest railway stations are : Hazrat Nizamuddin(NZM) - 6 Km, New Delhi (NDLS) - 11 Km, Old Delhi (DLI) - 10 Km
- By Metro: Akshardham Metro - 350 meters (walk).
Quick Facts about the Temple:
- Constructed by Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS)
- Inspired by HH Yogiji Maharaj (1892-1971 CE)
- Created by His Holiness Pramukh Swami Maharaj
- More than 300,000,000 volunteer hours went into making the complex
- Over 8,000 volunteers from across the world participated in building it
- Mandir built from intricately carved sandstone and marble
- Exhibitions on Hinduism, including Bhagwan Swaminarayan's life and teachings such as prayer, compassion, and non-violence.
- Open gardens, water bodies and step-well styled courtyard
About the Temple:
Swaminarayan Akshardham Mandir, commonly known as Akshardham Temple, is a Hindu mandir and a spiritual-cultural campus in New Delhi, India. The mandir has intricately carved pillars and sculptures as well. Its main sanctum houses an idol of Swaminarayam. It also contains idols of other Hindu deities like Krishna, Parvati and Lakshmi. The word Akshardham means the abode of almighty Lord Swaminarayan and believed by followers as a temporal home of God on earth. The temple attracts millions tourists across the world.
The temple is intricately carved with flora, fauna, dancers, musicians, and deities. Designed in accordance with the standards of Maharishi Vastu architecture, it features a blend of various architectural styles of India. Rajasthani pink sandstone and Italian Carrara marble have been used in the construction of the temple.
- IP PARK: The renowned Indraprastha Recreation place is one of the lengthiest recreational areas of city of Delhi. The important main objective behind the project development was to provide a green area to individuals for having pleasure and to enjoy enough time with their friends and family.
- RAJ GHAT: The greatest position for rest for father of the country Mahatma Gandhi, could be found at the bank of river Yamuna. The renowned place is greatly recommended location for all the dignitaries who visit city of Delhi.
- LAXMINARAYAN TEMPLE: The renowned Laxminarayan sacred Forehead was designed in the honor of the great Hindu goddess of prosperity, Maa Lakshmiji along with her consort God Narayana. The temple was designed by renowned B. R. Birla during the period of 1933-1939, and was greatly inaugurated by renowned Gandhiji.