About the temple:
Shree Ganesh is the destroyer of obstacles (Vighnaharta) and is first to be worshipped before any Puja/Havan or to celebrate new beginning in life. “Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Temple” at Prabhadevi in Mumbai is a two-century-old temple of Lord Ganesha that fulfills the desires of the worshipers and provides the blessings for a blissful life.
This temple was first consecrated on Thursday 19th November 1801. The temple then was a small structure housing the black stone idol of Shree Siddhivinayak, which was two and half feet wide. Built by Laxman Vithu and Deubai Patil, it is one of the richest temples in Mumbai. The temple has a small mandap with the shrine for Siddhi Vinayak. The wooden doors to the sanctum are carved with images of the Ashtavinayak (the eight manifestations of Ganesha in Maharashtra). The inner roof of the sanctum is plated with gold, and the central statue is of Ganesha.
Creator: Laxman Vithu & Deubai Patil
Address: S.K.Bole Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400028
Contact No. 022 2422 4438, 022 2437 3626
Worship Timings of the Temple:
- Wednesday to Monday
Temple is open from 5:30 AM to 9:50 PM
Temple is open from 3:15 AM to next day 12:30 AM (Wednesday early hours)
- Sankashti Chaturthi Timing (4th day after full moon)
Temple is open from 4:30 AM to 90 minutes after moonrise.
- Monthly Vinayaki Chaturthi Timing (4th day after no moon)
Temple is open from 5:30 AM to 7:30 AM. Devotees are not permitted in the main Temple are from 7:30 AM to 1:00 PM. Temple is open from 1:00 PM to 9:50 PM.
How to Reach
To reach the temple one can take a taxi which will cost around INR 150 to INR 200. The most pocket friendly and convenient option is to travel by the local train. For that go to Dadar station from CST station (it’ll cost you around INR 5/per head and you will reach in 15 mins). From the Dader (west) station one can either walk or take a taxi which costs around INR 20.
Top Other Attractions to Visit:
- Mahalakshmi Temple: This is oldest temple of Maa Lakshmi situated in Mumbai. It is one of the most celebrated temples of Maa Lakshmi and one can see long queues with people waiting for almost 4 to 5 hours to take darshan of Maa during festive times.
- Bandra-Worli Sea Link: This is one of the best sea link one can witness during a visit to Siddhi Vinayak temple. Featuring a best architecture model, this sea link is an excellent master piece of engineering with world class architecture giving way to the transportation to move at high speeds.
- Birla Kerala Vaidyashala: It is located in South Mumbai and is a great institution where one can experience authentic Ayurvedic massages for a great relaxation. This centre is a great place to go to and to come back relaxed from.