Nageshvara Jyotirlinga is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines mentioned in the Shiva Purana. Nageshvara is believed to be the first such shrine. The Shiva Purana says Nageshvara Jyotirlinga is in 'the Darukavana', which is an ancient name of a forest in India. 'Darukavana' finds mention in Indian epics, such as Kamyakavana, Dvaitavana, Dandakavana.
Address: Daarukavanam, Gujarat 361345
Phone: 097189 21000
Major festivals: Maha Shivaratri
How to reach:
- By Air: closest domestic airport : Jamnagar, which is about 137 km away from Nageshwara Jyotirlngam.
- By Train : Dwarka from Mumbai and other cities.
- By Road: Dwarka to Nageshwar is around 18 km.
Reaching Nageshwara Jyotirlngam is not much of a hassle. The most common route
Jamnagar-Dwarka [131kms]- Nageshwar [18 kms]
- Ahmedabad-Nageshwar 455kms
- Jamnagar-Nageshwar 148kms
- Somnath-Nageshwar 247kms
- Rajkot-Nageshwar 241kms
- Gandhinagar-Nageshwar 480kms
- Surat-Nageshwar 689kms
- Diu-Nageshwar 330kms
- Gir-Nageshwar 293kms
- Junagadh-Nageshwar 224kms
- Porbandar-Nageshwar 120kms
- Dwarka-Nageshwar 16kms
Aarti Timings at Nageshwar Temple:
Mornings : 6.00 am - 12:30 pm
Evenings :5.00 pm - 9.30 pm (Sandhya Aarti )
To visualize the temple in its full splendor, visit it on full moon evenings. Also the Maha Shivaratri sees a lot of special activities in the temple for which the temple remains open for the whole day and night. This is the most auspicious time to visit Nageshwar and offer Puja after Darshan