Timings of the Temple:
The temple is open from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
Architectural Style: Nagara
Sanctum: Lord Shva
Built By: Ahuka and Manyuka
Contact No. 01892-222103(o), 224950(r)
How to Reach:
- By Road: Baijnath is very well connected by all weather roads to Delhi via Chandigarh and to Manali via Mandi.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is at Kangra, 17 KMs from Dharamshala connected to Pathankot through narrow gauge line. The nearest broad gauge railway station is Pathankot which about 88 Km from Dharamshala.
- By Air: The nearest Airport is at Gaggal, 50 Kms from Baijnath and 8 Kms from Kangra Town.
Baijnath temple, Himachal Pradesh has large number of tourist attraction so there are plenty of places to stay. There are many hotels as well as private organization which takes good care of the people. There are 5 star hotels as well as hotels with nominal charges according to the traveller’s budget.
Top Attractions to Visit Near the Temple:
- Jwala Devi: Jwala Devi is one of the major 'Shakti Peethas' of India. Jwala Devi Temple is located at a distance of 34 kms in south of Kangra in Himachal Pradesh. The temple is dedicated to Jwala Devi (form of goddess), who is the presiding in the form of flames.
- Chintpurni Temple: Chintpurni Temple is a revered shrine of the Hindus. Located in Chintpurni village of Una district, Chintpurni Devi Mandir is a famous temple of Himachal Pradesh. Chintpurni Temple is dedicated to Shri Chhinnamastika Devi or Chintpurni Devi.
- Naina Devi: Naina Devi Temple is a holy shrine that is dedicated to Shri Naina Devi, one of the forms of Goddess Shakti. Located on the top of a hill in Bilaspur district of Himachal Pradesh, Naina Devi Mandir is one amongst the fifty one Shakti Peeths.
- Chamunda Devi Temple: Chamunda Devi Temple commonly knowns as, Sachchi Mata, Chamundi, Chamundeshwari or Charchika, is a fearsome aspect of the Devi and one of the Matrikas also considered as Divine Mother in Hinduism. It is located at a distance of 15 km from Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh.
About the Temple:Baijnath Temple is one of the most popular temples in Himachal Pradesh, and here, Lord Shiva is worshipped as the 'God of Healing'. Baijnath or Vaidyanath is an avatar of the great Lord Shiva, and in this avatar, the great lord rids his devotees of all miseries and pain.